Packing for Camp
The Packing list has been carefully designed to provide you with a list for your camper. Please use it as a guide and not a mandate. We have some equipment available (tennis rackets, snorkels, rock climbing shoes, kayaks) for your child to use and you do not necessarily need to purchase these items for Camp use.
If your child has a particular interest in a sport, and they wish to bring their own equipment (e.g. kayak or wakeboard). Please call us to discuss. These items should be shipped to Camp ahead of time.
Please do not over-pack your child’s trunk. Label everything with their name. Use a colored “sharpie” marker or hand-sewn label. List all items on a piece of paper taping it to the inside of the trunk lid.
We reserve the right to ship home any excess items at your expense and cannot be responsible for lost, missing or forgotten items at the end of the season. However, we promise to do our best to return items to you or (if requested) save them for next year. Clothing items left behind without name tags are donated to charity over the winter.
Washable clothing labels can be purchased online at Amazon.com
Campers who wear eyeglasses/contacts/retainer: Please bring an extra pair (along with a copy of the prescription) to be left in the Health Center.
Our cabins do not have electricity, so it is very important to include a flashlight and extra batteries or battery operated lamp. These items can also be purchased at the Camp store.
Please note that possession of the following items will result in your child’s automatic dismissal from Camp:
- Lighters and/or matches,
- Fireworks, sparklers, or other explosives.
- Alcohol, tobacco, E-Cigarettes, vapes, illegal drugs.
- Knives/Pen knives (Except Swiss Army/Leatherman knives to be used on trips and kept in Camp office)
Adirondack Camp Packing List
This List is designed for the 4-Week Camper. If your child is a two-weeker, then you may reduce items accordingly. All items must be labeled with Camper’s Name, for laundry sorting, with a water-proof sharpie marker or name label. Laundry goes out every week and is returned the next day.
- 4 Adirondack Camp Navy Blue TShirts * (See Box below)
- 3 Pair Navy Blue Shorts
- 6-8 T-Shirts (a mix short/ long)
- 1-2 Sweatshirts (Hooded optional)
- 1 Warm Sweater or Polar Fleece Jacket (it can be cool @ night)
- 4-8 Pair Shorts 3 Pair Pants (neat blue jeans ok w/ belt if baggy) & sweatpants
- 8-10 Pairs of Socks (campers change footwear often)
- 8-10 Pair of Underwear
- 2-3 Appropriate Bathing Suits
- 2-3 Pair Pajamas
- [1 Warm] Raincoat w/Hood / small umbrella
Bedding and Linen:
- 2 Warm Blankets (washable)
- 1 Pillow & 2 Pillow Cases
- 2 sets Top Sheets (cot/twin size)
- 2 sets Fitted Bottom Sheets
- 2-3 Bath-size Towels
- 1 Face Towel
- 1 Beach Towel
- 1 Laundry Bag
- Shower Bucket/ Tote
- Soap / Soap Dish/ Toothbrush,
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Hair Brush / Comb
- (pony-tail holders/ scrunchies)
- 2 Pair of Sneakers Water Shoes (or Sandals)
- Rain shoes [Crocs] / flip-flops
- 1 Pair all-terrain shoes [or well broken in hiking boots] (optional)
- Trunk/Duffel/Day pack
- Water bottle (Nalgene or other)
- Flashlight with Batteries (Headlamp preferred)
- Sleeping Bag [For off-site and last night use]
- Inexpensive Cameras
- Leather Feathers (for returning Campers & Braves)
- 3-5 surgical masks (no buffs/ bandanas/masks with valves) for travel or trips
- Egg create for bed
Suggested Items (as appropriate):
- Non-aerosol Bug Repellent
- Wet Weather Shoes/Boots/Rain
- Jacket/Umbrella (Required)
- Swim Goggles
- Magic Cards/Portable Chess/ Backgammon/ deck Cards
- Self-addressed envelopes /Pens & Pencils / Stamps
- Books / Magazines/ Comic Books
- Photo of family/friends /Favorite stuffed animal
- Casual Dressy for Dances (Tops/ Skirts/Sundresses ok)
- Plastic hangers/ set of Drawers
- Costumes/Props for Special Days
- Musical Instruments (We love when campers play!)
- Soccer Shoes/Lacrosse Stick & balls
- Fishing Equipment/Swim Fins & Mask
- Frame Back Pack & Camping equipment
- Crazy Creek chairs
- Swiss Army/Leatherman knives (must be kept in Camp office)
- IPOD/MP3 players (Must not be able to connect to the internet)
Please DO NOT allow your camper to bring:
- Cell Phones / IPhones (travel only)*
- Money/ Cash* (not needed for out of-Camp trips)
- Food, Gum, or Candy
- Electronic games
- Clothing with Offensive or Inappropriate Messages
- String Bikinis/1-Piece Suits are preferred for activities
- Electrical appliances (blow dryer, curling iron etc.)
- Expensive Jewelry/Perfume/ Cologne
- Knives/Pen Knives (not needed on out-of-camp trips)
- Matches/Lighters/Alcohol/ Cigarettes/Fireworks of any kind *Travel exception.
- We can/will hold in Camp office for safekeeping with passports and flight information.
*Required Uniform Items to be purchased from Maine-Camp Outfitters (Password is Adirondack) Placing your order Early is very important!