This chocolate bread and butter pudding is a real winner in the yummy dessert stakes. Slices of white bread are spread with chocolate hazelnut spread and soaked in a delicious chocolate custard. You know you want it!
- 1 tbs butter
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 tbs chocolate hazelnut spread
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 2 tbs cocoa
- boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking dish with the butter and set aside.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut spread. Slice into 2 triangles and arrange in the baking dish with them overlapping.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, milk and cocoa together. Pour over the bread slices and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Place your baking dish in an even larger baking dish or tray and pour boiling water into the larger tray until it comes halfway up the outside of your dish.
- Bake for 60 minutes until your custard has set. Check halfway to make sure the top isn’t getting burnt. Cover with foil to protect if it is.
- If you don’t have chocolate-hazelnut spread you can spread your bread with jam and throw in a few choc chips in between the bread slices.
- If a water bath is too fiddly for you, then you can just bake this. It still works.