Chilled Summer Avocado Soup
Did you know avocados are actually a fruit and not a vegetable? They are tasty and good for you too! They are loaded with potassium (more than bananas) and fiber. Try this light and tangy green soup on a hot summer day! And eat it with a nice peice of bread for dunking. Yum!
- 2 ripe avocados chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- 2 teaspoons shallots minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend (can be made the night before).
- Taste, Soup will taste very mild when first blended, but don’t add more salt at this point.
- Final seasoning after cooling is done. Taste to see if you’d like more salt or lemon.