A Slice of Heaven (Banana Bread)
This is my favorite banana bread recipe.
It’s dense, full of banana flavor, and very yummy. Feel free to smear butter or cream cheese on it!
Grab a cup of coffee and kick back.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas (I often will add another 1/4 cup for extra banana intensity)
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar (I usually only use a cup)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- For the best EVER banana bread the first trick is to use super ripe - almost black bananas. You can even keep them in the freezer when they are over ripe until you are ready to use them.
- Then preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with oil or butter.
- Blend eggs, buttermilk and bananas.
- Sift together sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and sir in pecans. Whisk well.
- Pour into prepared loaf and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool, top with cream cheese and eat!