Oreo Balls Oreo Truffles
These Oreo Balls are the perfect treat for any occasion. They only require THREE ingredients, they couldn’t be easier to make, and they taste unbelievably delicious! They’re always the first thing to go at parties, I’m yet to meet someone who doesn’t love them!
Prep 25 minutes Cook 5 minutes
- 36 Oreos (original not doublestuf), plus 3 more, crushed, for topping if desired
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz vanilla or chocolate candy melts, or melted white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- See notes for peppermint variation
- Line an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place 36 Oreos in a food processor (entire cookie, don’t remove cream filling) and pulse too fine crumbs.*
- Add cream cheese and pulse in bursts until well combined**.
- Scoop mixture out about 1 Tbsp at a time and form into 1 inch balls then align on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place truffles in freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile crush remaining 3 Oreos.
- Melt almond bark or chocolate according to directions on package.
- Remove truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate and use a spoon to pour some chocolate over the top then lift and allow excess chocolate to run off.
- Return to baking sheet, immediately sprinkle tops with crushed Oreos if desired, then allow chocolate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Alternately if you don’t own a food processor you can place Oreos in a large resealable bag, seal bag and crush with a rolling pin until finely crushed.
- If you don’t own a mixer you can just blend mixer in a mixing bowl with a spoon.
For The Peppermint Version
- Mix 1 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract with the cream cheese in a stand mixer first, then add the Oreo crumbs and continue as directed.
- Dip chocolates then immediately sprinkle tops with peppermint bits crushed candy canes or crushed starlight mints (instead of more crushed Oreos).