Ultimate S’mores Cookies
To get you in the spirit of camp why don’t you make these yummy S’mores Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped or broken up graham crackers
- 16 Large marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
- Garnish: Flaked sea salt, chopped Hershey’s candy bar, extra graham cracker pieces
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 1 minute. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips and graham cracker pieces.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough and gently flatten it in the palm of your hand. Place a marshmallow half into the center of the dough. Use your hands to work the dough around the marshmallow so that the marshmallow is covered. It is ok if some marshmallow is showing on top, but make sure the bottom is covered so the cookies don’t stick to the pan. Chill the cookie dough balls for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown, but centers are still a little soft. Remove from oven and sprinkle each cookie with flaked sea salt.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Gently press a few chopped Hershey’s bar pieces and graham cracker pieces into the tops of each cookie. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.