Sour Cherry and Blueberry Granola Crumble
Richard Kerrigan’s fruit granola crumble is the ultimate combination of healthy and delectable!
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tsp all spice
- 4 cups frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbs rice bran syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with some greaseproof paper and scatter the oats onto the tray.
- Roughly chop the almonds and walnuts and add to the oats along with the all spice. Mix well with your hands. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of rice bran syrup over the top then place on the bottom shelf of the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the cherries and blueberries to a pan and turn the stove on to a medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of rice bran syrup and 1/4 cup of water and allow the fruit to soften.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornflour and 1/2 the juice from a lemon with a teaspoon until all of the cornflour has disappeared and you are left with a white liquid. Pour this into the berries and stir.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add a little extra water to the fruit if the syrup starts to look a little thick. It should just start to coat the back of a spoon.
- Take the oast out of the oven and give them a good toss to ensure even cooking, add the coconut flakes at this point and return back to the oven for another 4 minutes.
- Spoon the fruit into an oven tray or if your prefer into separate ramekins and top with the toasted granola crumble. This is ready to eat straight away and will be super tasty with a few spoons of Greek yoghurt.