Cauliflower is one of my favorites
Do you know what is in season in April? Some of the yummiest foods can easily be found this month and cooked to delectable eats! Cauliflower is one of my favorites – it can taste sweet and nutty and is super versatile. Include it among your raw vegetables with dip, add it to your mac n’cheese, simply roast it in the oven with oil, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon, or try it my favorite way – roasted with garlic and lots of parm!
1/2 cup salted butter melted 2 garlic cloves chopped fine 1 cup Italian 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 cauliflower head
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash cauliflower and cut into roughly equal sized pieces.
- Melt butter and add garlic.
- Put the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese in another bowl.
- Dip each cauliflower piece into butter first, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Place each breaded piece on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast cauliflower 30-35 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown.
Did you know cauliflower is actually a flower that has not fully developed yet? And the green ones are green because they are crossed with broccoli!